Management Consultancy for Medics – Crash Course
Saturday 8th October 2016 10:00 – 16:30
Lecture theatre LTUG (upper ground floor), Imperial College Business School, South Kensington Campus, London – View Map
Are you a Medic considering getting into Management Consulting?
Are you curious about Management Consulting in Healthcare?
Do you want to know how to make the transition from medicine to consulting?
Are you looking for expert tips on how to succeed at application & interview?
If so, this course is for YOU!
Management Consulting is a great career choice for any doctor considering time out of clinical medicine, a career change, or a chance to gain a new set of skills to bring to their medical career. But to stand a good chance of getting in, you need to know the rules of the game!
This intensive crash-course includes:
- The ‘low-down’ on Management Consultancy: What it is, why you should consider a career in consulting, career progression and how ‘man-con’ can impact a range of industries
- Core skills required to become a management consultant
- Work on a real-life Man Con project during our course and learn how to approach a business case
- What recruiters are looking for, pros/cons of being a Medic and what desirable skills you can bring to the table
- Essential CV & Interview preparation and how to BEAT the competition
- The ‘Big 4’ – and their application processes
- Boutique vs large corporate firms
- How to decide which firm is for you and what kind of consulting job you’ll be good at
- Q&A with doctors who have successfully transitioned into Management Consulting
- Inavluable networking opportunities
- 6 CPD points (pending)
Go on, put your foot on the gas and accelerate your career with Eurekadoc!
Mr Aroon Baskaradas – Management consultant, Ernst & Young (EY), Orthopaedic Surgeon & MBA candidate.
Dr Anushka Patchava – Strategy consultant at Business 3.0, Associate Healthcare Innovations Analyst at Google Health, Former Specialty Registrar in Radiology.
Dr Saif Abed – Partner, AbedGraham Consulting; Medical Director, Triangle; Clinical Advisor, Hyland
Dr Vishaal Virani – Management Consultant at OC&C Strategy Consultants & Co-Founder of Doctorpreneurs
FEEDBACK FROM OUR LAST COURSE:
“Thank you sooooo much. I finally get it…..have a really clear idea of what I need to work on”
AD, Core Surgical Trainee
“Cheers for putting together a well organised course…the mock case interview section was invaluable – I feel much more confident knowing how to talk through these”
MP, GP VTS Year 2
“I’ve been considering consulting for some months now but haven’t had the time to look into it. This was a small price to pay for cutting down hours and days of research into my next potential career change”
DD, ST4, CMT
“Guys I got in. An eternal thank you”
MK, Soon to be Senior Consultant, EY!
“It was an honest and balanced course. They weren’t trying to push it but also gave the key facts I needed to have the edge”
ER, Medical Student
“When you’re changing careers so late in the game, you need every bit of support you can get. I got a lot more than I thought out of this course. What I found most helpful was the discussion on how to pitch myself – Ive actually done a lot of stuff thats quite relevant once you know what they are looking for…”
NT, Consultant, Opthalmology
Refund policy: Full refund up to two weeks before. 50% refund up to one week before. Apologies no refunds are available in the final week.